Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My baby, in glasses.

This is going to sound a little dumb, but it just breaks my heart that Laural has to wear glasses now. It's been a few weeks now and I am getting used to seeing her little face with frames, but when I look at pictures of her before the glasses, I miss seeing her plain little face. She looks absolutely adorable in her glasses. I don't know. Maybe part of me feels like something I did caused her problems - maybe my genes weren't good enough or something. I know she needs them. I wish she didn't. I knew that at some point she would need glasses anyhow. Steve and I are both near-sighted, so it's likely that our kids will be too. But this is different. I don't know if I could ever explain the disappointment I have over this. Not in my daughter. I could never be disappointed with her. I think most of the time, the disappointment is in myself. When something like this happens, it makes me feel a little like a failure. I don't know if I could tell anyone this. I would just get the usual "it's not your fault" and "nothing you could have done would have prevented it" type statements, but knowing that in my head doesn't make it feel that way in my heart. At least I've got it out of me in some way.

In other news, we are preparing for a first birthday! Micah will be a year old in a little over a week! Where did a year go already? More on that later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails