Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Favorite Recipes - part 1

This is one of my favorite recipes. It's yummy and best of all, it sneaks veggies into a picky child's diet!

Zucchini Rice Casserole

Ingredients: (I rarely measure out ingredients when I cook, so these are approximate)

1 med zucchini peeled and finely chopped
1 sm onion finely chopped
3 c cooked brown rice (cooled)
2 eggs
1 c sour cream
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese (plus a little extra)

Mix everything together. Spread into casserole dish or spoon into muffin tins for individual portions. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour (30 minutes if using muffin tins). This pairs very well with fish, especially salmon. I usually serve with green beans too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails