Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back To School Sensory Tub

It's back to school time and both kids are chomping at the bit to get started! Today is our 1st day of school so I put together a cute back to school themed sensory tub for the kids to dig around in.

In the tub: Yellow paper shreds, mini composition books for each of the kids, box of crayons, glue, pencils, pencil sharpener, paint brushes, colorful erasers, magnet ABC & 123, compass, pencil grips, round interlocking erasers, plastic letter charms, glow in the dark round letter beads that Micah saw in Walmart and just had to have and green chenille stem spirals. I also put alphabet tape on the sides of the tub. I got it at the dollar store and it has patches that don't really stick so that's why it looks so wavy.

I plan to do sensory tubs a little differently this year. Instead of one theme tub per month, I will do two themes - one on the 1st of the month and then switch to a different theme on about the 15th of the month. I will also have a 2nd tub that will be based on the letter of the week in Micah's curriculum. Both tubs will be available to both kids throughout the day. I hope I can keep up with them because I've been cooking up some really cute theme ideas!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails