Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fun Kid Stuff

Today has seen the start of some fun new stuff that the kids have started. First, Micah. Today, he started doing something that really surprised me. During dinner, as I held a bite of food in front of him, he started counting in his own little language - 1, 2, 3, but instead of saying go, he would say "mmm!" and then lean forward with an open mouth and take the bite. It was too funny. He did it not only once but with nearly every bite. What makes it funny is that we have never done that with him to get him to eat. He came up with it on his own. He has been doing the "1, 2, 3, Go!" thing for quite a while, but this is the first he has incorporated it into his eating. So cute! It's funny the things they come up with, isn't it?

Micah had his 18 month check-up and shots today. I was a bit disappointed in his weight. They said he was only 19 lb 14 oz. I think he is heavier than that (not by much) but that is what they came up with. I really don't like their scale. It's a fairly old table scale with the slide counterweights. I would like to see him on a digital scale. The doctor didn't seem very concerned. We joked about giving him McDonald's burgers. I did ask whether I should give him something like Pediasure to supplement. The doctor said I could give it to him at night before bed so that it wouldn't interfere with hunger cues and cause him to eat less food. Makes sense. I checked on the price and it was $13 for a 6 pack at Rite Aid! I will have to look at Walmart to see if it's any cheaper there. If not, I think I may need to find a cheaper alternative. I didn't hear what his length was because I was a little upset over hearing his weight. The nurse who did his measurements was not the regular nurse but an intern, so she didn't really announce it either. She did say that he was up in the 40th percentile now for height, so that is great! I just wish he'd fatten up a bit. He got 3 different shots today. I made Steve hold him down this time. It breaks my heart too much. It seemed to bother him more that he was being held down for the first 2 shots but the 3rd one seemed to really upset him. Poor guy. He was a little more clingy today than usual but part of that seemed to be that he was constipated too. Whenever he has trouble going, he always whines and wants picked up and then he puts his head down on my shoulder and rests there, sometimes trying to push. Poor guy. He's been through it today!

And Laural, well, she has learned a new word. She uses it every opportunity she can. I can't help but chuckle every time she uses it. I have to be careful not to laugh out loud because she gets all embarrassed if she thinks I'm laughing at something she has done. The word is "apparently." During dinner: "Mom, I have something to tel you. Apparently, Micah doesn't like chicken." In the car when she noticed Micah was asleep: "Apparently, Micah must have been tired." It is too cute! I love it when she gets the grasp of a new word. Especially a "bigger" word. It's so cute to see a little kid trying to talk to a grown-up. Laural gets really upset when Micah has to have shots. She plugged her ears and buried her head in my chest. She tried to calm him down and sooth him afterward. She is too cute. Such a little mommy.

We've been busy lately. Last week, we spent a lot of time at my parent's place while Ray was visiting. With choir, ministry council, story time, grocery shopping, doctor's appointment and having Austin & Kali here after school each day, our days have been filled. I think tomorrow is a free day. Stephanie is off work so she will be getting the kids after school. We don't have any errands that I can think of either. Steve is going to mow the lawn and I am going to try to get some cleaning and laundry done. I've been neglecting the bathrooms. I also need to do a little rearranging so we can have places to fit all of the good deals we've been getting with by couponing.

Speaking of couponing, I got a few good deals today. At Rite Aid, I got 2 packs of Huggies Pure & Natural diapers, 2 Reese's cups, and an eos lip balm all for $3.30 (after I get the $1.99 rebate back). At County Market, I got quite a bit of stuff. Some with coupons, some without.

2 Tony's Pizzas 10/$10
- $1/2 Q
= $.50 each

12 Chef Boyardee Ravioli microwave cups 10/$10
- $1/3 Q (4x)
= $.67 each
I normally wouldn't buy these BUT Micah is an extremely picky eater and since he is quite underweight and this is one of the few things he will devour right down, I decided to get these for him so we can try to "fatten him up" a bit.

3 Bumblebee tuna pouches $1.49 each
- $1/1 Q (3x)
= $.49 each

3 Marcal 12 pck of bathroom tissue $5 each
- $2/1 Q (3x)
= $3 each

4 Marcal facial tissue $1.25 each
- $1/1 Q (4x)
= $.25 each

Stuff I got w/o coupons:

8 Armour Lunchmakers $1 each
3 5lb bags of Robin Hood flour $1.38 each

I tried getting some of the Campbell's cream soups that were $.75 each with my $1/2 Q but it wouldn't scan and since it was an internet printable, it wouldn't go through. I was a little bummed about that since it would have made the soups only $.25 each. Oh well. Guess I will just continue to make my own soups as needed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails