Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Onigiri

I've been threatening to make onigiri for a long time andI finally did it. I made them last night and they turned out pretty nicely. I was a little apprhensive about  making sushi rice but it came out fine. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it worked for me. I put small chunks of salted tilapia in the center of my onigiri and then used strips of nori as a garnish/decoration. I think I made them a bit on the large side but that's ok. They were quite tasty - both fresh and warm and cold the next day.

The onigiri I made for Steve.


Laural asked that I not put nori on hers.

Micah tasted it but he mostly just wanted to have his picture taken.

The verdict is: I will probably make these again. This isn't the case for the Thai Beef & Noodles I made a few nights ago. I used noodles made from sweet potato starch and the texture was something I don't think I could get used to. May w I will try them with a different sauce to see how I feel about them then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails