Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday - Bunny Time!

For this weeks special muffin tin meal, we featured our pal the Easter Bunny since his time is getting closer and closer! Here is what we had in our tin today:
Top: hard boiled Easter egg (peeled) and decorated with nori & cheese, a ham flower, apple bunnies
Bottom: a carrot for the Easter Bunny with a broccoli top with edamame & snap peas, PB&J Easter Bunny pocket sandwich with jelly bread ears and a clementine with a heart cut into it for easier peeling (plus it makes it cute!)


This was a big hit with Laural. Micah missed out because he needed his nap a little earlier today since he woke up early today. He had the same things only not as pretty when he woke up. 

I decided to have a cute lunch today too, so I packed mine in a bento. I had basically the same thing except I had just cheese on my bunny sandwich and put the ham flower and some of the lettuce baran on it for a very yummy sandwich.


Since a few people have asked, here is a quick tutorial on how to make the ham flowers.

1. Lay the slice of ham on the table/cutting surface and cut strips across the middle. Do not cut the whole way to the edge - leave about half and inch to an inch on the side edges. This can be a little tricky if you have a very uneven edge like this ham has. I just make sure to stop about half an inch before where the edge happens to be.

2. Fold the ham, matching up the long side edges.

3. Starting at the bottom open edge, roll the ham up, leaving the folded side free.

4. Secure the rolled edge if necessary. I usually just tuck it into the bento or muffin tin in a way that keeps it from unrolling. And now you have a pretty flower! You can use this technique with other meats or with egg sheets or probably other things as well.

Don't forget to check out the Muffin Tin Mom blog for more fun meals in muffin tins!
Muffin Tin Monday at Muffintinmom.com

8 comments:

SnoopyGirl said...

This is so stinking cute! What a beautiful tin!

Unknown said...

I love your flower. Thanks for showing how it was made!

Jamie said...

So cute! And thanks for sharing how to make the flower, I will have to remember that!

Hailey's Butterfly Garden said...

oh my gosh I LOVE IT! the ham is amazing. and thanks for sharing how you did it.

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

just fabulous. all around awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love this. The bunny is so dang cute. And also, I WILL be swiping your ham flower idea! Thanks for the tutorial :)

Sharon said...

Very cute! Thanks for the directions for the flower!

Unknown said...

very nice MTM & bento! Love the bunny sandwiches. I always wondered how to make a ham flower. Thanks! I'll try it next week :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails