Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Court Bento

Tomorrow, I have to be in court. Ok, not exactly. I have jury duty, so I have to be in the courthouse. I have no idea how long I will be there so I decided to plan for lunch just in case. I'm not really a big fan of the restaurants in the area, so I figured a bento would be a good thing to take along. While we've had bento as a picnic and at home, this will be the first time that I will take bento as a lunch while I have to be out for something else. Since I am a bento newbie and it still takes me a while to assemble a bento, I went ahead and packed my lunch tonight. It looks so yummy that I don't want to have to wait for lunch tomorrow!

It's not terribly colorful, but it's going to be tasty! (I know because I nibbled a tiny bit!)
Front: Fried Rice & Peas, Steamed Carrots, Ginger & Garlic Chicken
Back: 3 Halved Strawberries, Mini Corn, Boiled Egg

There's a little star shaped bottle of soy sauce hiding behind the corn. I had to throw that little blue bear pick in there just for fun.

Well, here's hoping jury duty turns out to be a decent experience. The last time I had it, I left after the first day, came for the next day, was there for 15 minutes before being dismissed for the rest of the week. Maybe something like that will happen this week too. I kind of hope so because I've really been feeling moved to start purging the house of some of the stuff we've accumulated over the years. I'm afraid that several days of putting it off for jury duty might make the urge to purge go away!

I linked this post to What's For Lunch At Our House here. Go see what's for lunch in other houses!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awesome bento! I saw the comment on the Muffin Tin one to check out the bento, so I did.

If you're interested, come link up on my bento blog on Wed (it's basically link your favorite bento of the week). :o)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Sorry about jury duty but the bento looks delish :) Stopping by from WFLW!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails