Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Hate Spending Money!

OK, that's not completely true, but I do hate spending large amounts of money on mundane things like tires. I had no choice though. I had to buy two new tires for the Pacifica today. I replaced the front tires about four months ago and have been trying to put off replacing the rear tires as long as possible. But last week, I took a look at them and realized they were much, much worse than I thought. I was actually afraid to take the kids out with the way they looked. As of this afternoon, all is well in the world of wheels (well our little family's world of wheels anyhow).

Today was a very busy day. We started with story time, followed by our trip to get new tires. While waiting for our car to be finished, we wandered around Walmart and got lunch from the deli. Then we headed to the dollar store to get stuff to fill up our Operation Christmas Child boxes. Micah fell asleep in the car on the way home, and slept a bit longer once we got home. After he woke up, we had a quick dinner and were off to my folks' house for Travis' 18th birthday party. Once we got home, it was bedtime routines, wake Steve up for work and now, finally, time to just sit, enjoy a coke and some whole wheat crackers with Laughing Cow cheese. Tomorrow should be a little slower day though I do need to grab a few groceries. I was going to do it today while I was in town, but by the time the car was done and we got the stuff from the dollar store, we had to head back home before Kali and Austin got off the bus. It's funny - we have always planned to be homeschoolers but now we find ourselves (albeit temporarily) slaves to the schedule of the school bus.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails