Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Out In The Snow

I am a little miffed at my hubby right now. Today, I stayed home from church with the kids since we've been sick. Laural still has quite a cough, Micah still has a very runny nose and I have a sore throat and stuffed up nose. Friday night, Laural woke up at 2 AM with a nasty croup cough. So, today, as Steve gets home from church, I was in bed napping while Micah napped but Laural was awake and went to greet her daddy as he came in. A little bit later, Steve came into the bedroom talking about how the snow was perfect packing snow and perfect for going out to build a snowman with Laural. He asked where her snowpants were. I was still in a bit of a cold-medicine induced, sleepy stupor. I answered him and then started asking him why. Well, he already has Laural worked up about going outside to play in the snow. Great.

At this point, I have 2 choices. I could be the mean mom and refuse to let her go out to play while daddy looks like the wonderful guy who just wants to go outside and play with his daughter or I could let her go out and yell at Steve later. Let's just say that Steve is lucky that my voice is nearly gone because he won't be getting the full brunt of my yelling. He will definitely be getting the evil eye though.



She looked like she was having quite the time out there, but she came in coughing as nasty as ever. And of course, since daddy works midnights, guess who gets to deal with the crying sick kid at 2 AM tonight?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails