Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Homeschool Today

I've been a little lax about keeping up with posting about our homeschooling stuff. I had fully intended to keep regular track of our activities and school work on this blog, but I just never seem to get it done. So, I decided that it's time to start. I also need to keep my camera handy during school time so I can post pics of what we are doing.

Today, we started a unit on penguins. I got it from www.schoolexpress.com. It's a little over her head as is, but I adjust it for her. She really enjoys it. Along with learning facts about penguins and answering questions, she had to draw some penguins. This is her first drawing.


The second drawing was what she thought a penguin looked like while swimming. I drew one first and she looked at my drawing and came up with her own version of a swimming penguin.


We also did a new math puzzle game today. It was a big hit! We did numbers up to 5 and simple adding and subtracting today.She did pretty well. Subtraction is still a hair tricky for her, but she is starting to get the hang of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails