Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When It Rains...

It pours! Yes, it's been one of those kind of days in our house. I started getting sick on Sunday but yesterday it got worse. Today, Steve woke woke me up with the news that our computer wouldn't start up. After consulting with my brother, they thought it might be the power supply. Then as the day went on, Micah showed signs of getting sick. By evening, he was going through diapers as fast as we could change them and as a result, he now has a nasty case of diaper rash. This is the first time he's had real diaper rash. Poor kid. So, here I sit with my mother-in-laws laptop that we still happen to have, making and correcting loads of typos because I am not used to using a small keyboard.

I am starting to feel a little better but I don't know if it's the 800mg of ibuprofen I took or if I'm actually getting better. Micah finally fell asleep about 2 hours after regular bedtime. I am getting ready to go downstairs and make a batch of homemade pedialyte for him for tomorrow. As for the computer, it seems there were two issues with it. The power supply and the graphics card. Brian stopped by after he was done with work and took it with him. He is somewhat of a computer repairman and has plenty of computer bits and pieces laying about. So he replaced both faulty parts and should be dropping it by sometime tomorrow. This is a really good thing considering I have a webpage I am trying to update and our yearly calendar I'm in the process of making. I've been wanting a new graphics card for a while anyhw. These crazy machines sure do pick the most inopportune of times to fail. I'd better watch what I type - this machine might be paying attention!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails