Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Grandma's Surprise 80th Birthday Party

For Grandma's 80th birthday, we planned a surprise birthday party. We told her that we were having Laural & Micah's birthday party. Yep, I lied to my Grandma - again. LOL I think we managed to pull it over on her though she may have been a bit on to us near the end. We had the party at our church. A lot of the family from all over came for the party: Uncle Sonny from Alaska; Aunt Sue, Roman, Shane and his family, Brandon & his family and Alan & his family all from Columbus; Uncle Bud & Aunt Pauline; Bud & Cheryl Sperring, Becki & her friend; Marvin & Darla; Aunt Shirley; Ray & Kristin and the kids from Florida plus all of us "locals" and so many other family & friends. Grandma arrived with Grandpa & Uncle Sonny, carrying Laural & Micah's birthday presents just before 4:30 PM.
 Surprise!

 Everybody sang happy Birthday after the surprise.


After Grandma took a few minutes to say hello to everyone, we had dinner.
A hug for her brother. Sorry this one is a little blurry. My camera has zooming issues.

The dinner spread: Rigatoni, Meatballs, Bread & Butter, Deli Trays & Rolls, Relish Tray, Veggie Trays, Salad, Chips & Dip. Mom & Dad made and/or prepared everything.
The cake & gift table. The yummy fruit arrangement on the left was made by Sharon.

The cakes I made.

I took pics of the cakes before leaving home - just in case. I've not made or transported sheet cakes before and I was a little nervous and wanted to have evidence. LOL

After we were done eating, Mom, Aunt Sue, Uncle Sonny & Uncle Tom surprised Grandma with the new Lazy Boy recliner they got for her. After that, we cut the cake, which turned out to be super yummy. Yep, I'm tooting my own horn here. LOL After cake, Grandma opened her presents. She got a lot of nice things. I wish I had taken pics but I was writing down what she received and Steve was probably chasing Micah around.

Overall, it was a great party and it was so nice to have so much of the family there. I haven't seen some of my cousins in years. There were so many little ones there! Laural had a ball playing with all her extended cousins. It would have been great if Aunt Barb could have been there too. Maybe for number 85?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRANDMA!
I hope you had a great day!

*Note: I have some of Uncle Sonny's & my Mom's pics on the other computer and I will put some of those up soon. I would have done it tonight if my laptop was here but Steve needed to take it to work tonight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails