Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our 1st "Official" Bento

We've been into the bento thing for a little while but I until recently, I've been hesitant to start buying actual bento supplies because: 1) It isn't locally available - everything has to be ordered and I tend to have bad luck when I order stuff and a lot of this stuff comes from Hong Kong or Japan. 2) What if once I spend $100 on stuff, I decide I really don't want to do it? 3) It's more stuff to find places for and I just cleared my cupboards a couple weeks ago.

So far, we are really enjoying bento lunches, so I decided to go ahead and buy a few things. I ordered a couple of bento snack boxes from Hong Kong and was quite surprised that they arrived in only about a week! One is Hello Kitty for Laural and the other is a cute Shinkansen for Micah.

We had been planning a trip to the park today and taking bento for a picnic but both kids have some sort of bug and have been puking, so we decided to stay in today. Instead, I made lunch to stay in but put Laural's in he snack bento since I didn't want her eating a whole lot anyhow. It was so cute!
She had fried rice and veggies, gyoza, blood orange sections and 2 m&m eggs. This was just a quickie since she has been dying to use her Hello Kitty bento box. I didn't take the time to decorate since we were all hungry for lunch. Here is Micah's box which is empty. He was miserable today and just wanted to sleep so he was in bed during lunch. Poor guy.

I have to say that I just love how cute and convenient the bento boxes are. I am so looking forward to getting my next package that has 4 regular size bento boxes and some picks in it! It's coming from Japan and will take at least 2 more weeks to get here. I hope it gets here before we leave for Florida because I'm anxious to see them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails