Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Look at what I bought today!

I am not a person who spends money easily. So, when I went out today with a particular item in mind, it wasn't a simple purchase. Actually, I have been wanting one of these for about 3 years, but just didn't want to spend the money on it. The item in question? A new carpet cleaner, of course. Yeah, it's not a huge amount of money but like I said, I don't spend money easily! And since I've started with the couponing, I've become even more tight, er, frugal with the funds at hand. And, who wants to spend money on something as mundane as a carpet cleaner when there are so many way cooler things out there I could have bought for that kind of money?

The problem is that over the past 5 days, both kids have been spontaneously puking in the most inopportune of places. Last night was the final straw when Micah was sitting on my lap and suddenly exploded causing a splatter zone with about a 3 foot radius. Trying to clean the mess out of the carpet after cleaning it off the billion Mega Bloks that happened to be in the zone, was enough to convince me that the investment would be worth it, especially after I looked over at another spot on the carpet that is still stained from the Christmas morning puke Micah deposited on the floor.

So, out I went and bought a Bissell ProHeat 2x Healthy Home Upright Deep Cleaner.

It took about 15 minutes to put it together and get all the attachments popped into their correct places. It's really heavy, especially once you fill it with water. I really like the fact that it heats the already hot tap water up to a max of 190°F. It also blows warm air out the bottom on the sides so it helps to start the drying faster though I'm not really sure how effective it is. It did seem to clean the puke zones up pretty nicely. I am glad that I bought it. When it comes down to it, the money spent was well worth not having to be on my hands and knees for hours trying to scrub puke out of the carpet. Tomorrow, after hitting some yard sales in the morning, I'm breaking out the upholstery tools!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails