Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Applesauce Oat Muffins

After seeing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins on a Muffin Tin Monday blog entry, I decided I was going to make those today. Slight problem though. No chocolate chips in the house. So, I looked around at what I did have. Since both kiddos refused to eat their strawberry applesauce for lunch, I had 2 open cups to deal with. I also have a lot of oatmeal right now due to finding a very good deal on it (free!). After looking up a couple of different recipes, I put together something acceptable.

Applesauce Oat Muffins


1 1/2 C oatmeal
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 C applesauce
1 egg
1/4 C oil
1/2 C milk

Mix dry ingredients together. In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together. Add dry mixture to wet, mix until combined. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.

Notes: 1) I used strawberry applesauce for mine but if you wanted to use plain applesauce, you could add 1/2 tsp cinnamon. 2) I used silicone muffin tins for mine and I did not grease them. This wasn't a big deal for the smooth miffin tin but muffins in the ruffed heart tin stuck a bit. This may not have been a big deal if I had let them cool a little longer. 3) These are slightly sweet and would go well with a yogurt, some fresh fruit or just a coffee.

1 comment:

Bobbi@SnoodleDoodles said...

Thanks for your help Deb! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails