Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by! Here you will find a variety of things as I post whatever happens to be going on in our home - recipes, crafts, homeschool, birthday parties, travels, meals in muffin tins and more! I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Not sure why...

I'm not sure why I was so weepy today on the way to the funeral home for the viewing for my Great-Uncle Russ. I really didn't even know him. I've only seen him at a handful of times - mostly at funerals or weddings. Death always makes me sad. I know that Uncle Russ was pretty sick at the end too. I think it's probably because he was my Grandpa's last brother and there is just him and his baby sister left. I know that his death has really made my Grandpa sad. But, I think that the reason this has made me so sad is that my Grandpa is only 3 years younger than his brother - he just turned 86 last month. He's not such a young man anymore and I know that we probably don't have a lot of time left with him and this makes me so sad. I love my Grandpa so much! He and my Grandma have always been such important people in my life and we are quite close. I don't want to even imagine my life without them in it. I know it will be like that some day, I just hate thinking about it. There's nothing like a funeral to start you thinking about the worst.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails